Friday, October 1, 2010

Salutations!

One of my all time favorites.



I don't know why I love it!  I just do.  I just finished reading it to the 3 littlest piglets.  We all think Wilbur is terrific!







"Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. "I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you." 
     "You have been my friend," replied Charlotte. "That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die... By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heavens knows anyone's life can stand a little of that." 
Charlotte is pretty fabulous, too!
We hope to watch the movie this weekend.  That's always fun. 
If you've never read this great classic, or if you haven't since childhood - pick it up.  It's even better if you read it to little ones.  It will remind you
 ... friendship is one of the most satisfying things in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment